Thursday, May 03, 2007

40 Week Update

Well, it's May 3rd, our due date!! Remember how miserable I was last week? Well, I'm feeling much better this week. On Tuesday morning, I woke up after the best night of sleep in weeks, my feet were nearly their normal size, and I didn't even feel big and pregnant! I went to the doctor for my check-up and told him that I wanted to cancel the induction for tonight. After talking to Adam about it, we decided that we wanted the baby to choose his or her own birthday, and as long as I was feeling pretty good, we'd just wait patiently! I have a feeling that now that I am done working my scheduled shifts and can relax at home or pick up a shift when I want, things will be ok for a little while longer. The doctor is perfectly fine with that, but will not let me go past the 10th. On Tuesday I was a good 2 cm, closer to 2.5 cm, and between 50 and 75% effaced. I had contractions about once an hour on Monday, so I'm glad that my "work" is being rewarded by dilating!!
In the meantime, Adam and I are spending as much time together as possible, as our days as just the 2 of us are numbered! We apologize for not returning all our phone calls and emails these days, but we're making each other our priority right now. We promise to call and email the minute we can after Little Bean arrives. We feel so honored and special to be in so many people's thoughts and prayers! Take care and we look forward to talking to you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Isn't it amazing how mother nature works it all out!? You are sleeping great NOW because the day is coming very soon when you won't sleep for a long time!! =) Thomas says hello and that he can't wait to meet his future wife...hehehe. Of course I told him that if it's a boy, he'll have to settle for being best friends. =)