Friday, August 01, 2008

Our trip to Frankfort, MI

Brewer in his glory, fetching one of hundreds of sticks!

A very steep sand dune. We did not attempt to walk up or down it!


Taking Grandpa Wobick for a walk around the house. He and Grandma came to visit for the week. We had lots of fun, even though Grandma's ankle is still healing and she's on crutches. Hopefully she'll be up and walking just like me in no time!

Me and Daddy at the Cabbage Shack (?) in Frankfort, MI.



Brewer on the beach of Lake Michigan after swimming to fetch tons of sticks.




Giving my monkey, Bobo, a big hug.




I am a proficient walker these days. I will go for hours!


Me and Mommy on the beach. I did not care for the sand or the water, though.


On our way to Frankfort, we stopped in Greenville to see Daddy's cousin Jeff, and his family: Grace, Sarah, Mary, Matt, and their dog Sammy. It was great to catch up with them!




Mommy and Brewer at Sleeping Bear Dunes State Park before we climbed the dunes. Brewer really enjoyed himself! It was like heaven for him; swimming, playing fetch on the beach, going for car rides, getting ice cream from various ice cream spots, and spending every moment by our side. He was really well-behaved.




I'm on a giant rocking chair outside the Cherry Spot in Honor, MI.



On a big pink cow (or "MOOO" as I call them). If you click on the photo, you can tell that I am NOT happy in this picture!!



We had a great vacation in Frankfort, MI. We highly recommend it to everyone, especially if you have canine family members. The area is very pet friendly, the sunsets are amazing (so I hear, I was always in bed sleeping by then), the beaches are great (except for the whole sand thing which I didn't care for), there is plenty to do, and the dunes are incredible. I have become an amateur biped, which is fun and exciting for everyone involved. I have also started experimenting with different nap times and length (not so fun and exciting for everyone involved). Overall, I'm doing great. I have my 15 month check-up soon, so I'll keep everyone posted. Love lots, Ellie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good job Ellie! Keep it up.